Following Lenovo and Intel, Google has become the latest company to announce it won’t have an on-site presence at Ce 2022. “After careful consideration we have decided to withhold from having a presence on the register flooring of CES 2022. We’ve been closely monitoring the development of the omicron discrepancy, and have decided that this is the best choice for the health and safety of our crews, ” the company told TechCrunch.
Partway Thursday, it seemed only a matter of time before Google would decide to minimize its physical attendance at the affair. Earlier in the day, fellow Alphabet subsidiary Waymo announced it had stirred the decision not to attend the trade show in person. Google’s withdrawal is particularly noteworthy given not only its prestige in the industry but likewise the amount of money it has invested into the event in recent years.
As things stand, the Consumer Technology Association, the organization that positions together CES every year, still plans to move forward with the reveal. “CES 2022 will be in person on January 5-8 in Las Vegas with strong safety measures in place, and our digital access is also available for beings that don’t wish to, or can’t travel to Las Vegas, ” a spokesperson for the CTA told Engadget. “Our mission remains to convene the industry and return those who cannot attend in person the ability to experience the sorcery of Ces digitally.”
Read more: engadget.com